The Healthy Home Cinema Snack

Whenever I watch films at home (which is a lot), I always feel like I need to fulfil the whole cinema experience. This usually involves me switching off all the lights in my bedroom so that it is pitch black (unless I am watching a horror film), and I make myself a home cinema snack. As much as I love nachos, popcorn, Ben & Jerrys ice cream, sweets and chocolate, they are not very good for you at all. Instead, today I have decided to share with you three idea for a healthy movie nibble.

| Fruit Smoothie |


If you are like me and love to order a Tango Ice Blast at the cinema, or always grab a cup of lemonade or coke to have with you while watching a movie at home, why not quickly make yourself up a tasty smoothie?

-Ingredients-
1 small banana [chopped]
2 cups of pineapple [chopped]
1/2 cup of coconut water
1/2 cup of skimmed milk
1 tsp of chia seeds
1 cup of baby spinach

-Method-
Simply take all of your ingredients and place them into your cup.
Fasten the attachment on to the top of your cup and shake it.
Place the cup on to the base of the blender
Ensure your attachment is securely fastened to your blender base - or otherwise it could get messy!
Switch on the button, and blend together the ingredients.
Make sure all of the chunks of fruit are fully blended.
Take off your cup and place on your lid - otherwise pour out into glasses.

Finished!


| Frozen Yogurt |


Ben & Jerry's ice cream is just to die for, but if you are looking for a healthier alternative then why not try frozen yogurt? You can top it however you like, and you could even try different flavour yogurts!

-Ingredients-
3 Cups Zero-fat Greek Yogurt
4 tbsp Sweetner
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

-Method-
Simply add the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together thoroughly until peaks form.
Transfer the mix into a container and freeze.
Freeze until at the desired consistency.
To serve, you can eat it plain, or top with anything you like. Perhaps fresh fruit to keep it healthy, nuts, dried fruit or dark chocolate flakes?

Enjoy!


Hope you liked this post, and if you would like to see more blog posts like this one leave a comment down below! In addition, if you try any of these recipes I'd love it if you sent me your photos on Instagram and Twitter!

x

0 comments: