A Word From The Director/Producer


I had an amazing time filming The Imitation and I am very happy with the outcome. The idea took some time coming up with, but the idea surrounding 'The Secret', was something I was keen to use and develop. I really wanted to create a film that was not a typical film for teenagers (what most young film makers do), but actually something that would be perfect for older ages too.

The basic concept of The Imitation was a women trapped in an abusive relationship, and her plan to escape. I also wanted the majority of the film to follow Liberty after she breaks free from her relationship. The audience see how she struggles to stay hidden, and we watch how the detectives and police uncover her secret.

I had such an amazing time creating this film production piece with Amy Hale, and I was very happy with the outcome. We believe we have created an amazing new mystery film targeted at women who are 15+, but I am sure men would love it too! When filming we had a few issues with lighting in our location, but I was glad that I could make the best out of the situation using my editing skills. The music was brilliant to add into our sequence, and our actresses were amazing to work with.

I cannot contain my excitement for the screening at The Little Picturehouse cinema during a Film Fest competition for young filmmakers this 26th June. The evening will be phenominal and I can't wait to see some the other entrants work. Fingers crossed for an award, but I just truly can't wait to see everyone's hard efforts in the showcase.

That's a wrap!

Lily Richards

P.S. I hope to see loads of you there at the evening, it will be so much fun! (Check out the contact me page for more information on the event)

6 comments:

  1. What lovely words. Your film looks brilliant, and I wish you all the best at the showcase evening! I will hopefully be attending so I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Can't wait to see you there too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Lily for this amazing experience! I thoroughly enjoyed the filming of The Imitation and I can't wait to see it showcased at The Little Picturehouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome Karen! Thank you so much for being a part of it, and I'm very grateful for how well it has turned out!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on a fantastic achievement & wish you well in future creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such kind words! Thank you - be sure to pop down to the film showcase to show us some support!

      Delete