Get The Look | Liberty Matthews (Fashion)

Today I am going to show you how you can achieve this gorgeous outfit shown on Liberty Matthews in my film The Imitation. I have already shown you how to create the makeup look, and now I am going to show you how you can achieve the outfit!


Similarly to her makeup, I wanted the clothes worn by Liberty to reflect her personality. Liberty is dressed in a black floral floaty dress with red heels. The black floral dress has many symbolisms. The floral pattern expresses her femininity but the black colours represent the evil leaking out in the death scene in which she wears the outfit. The floatiness of the skirt shows that she is no longer restricted in her relationship with Richard, and this is the scene when she becomes free. The red high heels show her fierce side, and the colour red also connotes blood, danger and warning.


| Items worn in this outfit |
Black Floral Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Red Heels - Primark
Gold Hoop Earrings - New Look



I hope you enjoyed this 'Get The Look', and as always I love to see your photos if you ever try this outfit, so please tag me on twitter @atthepicturesblog and on Instagram @atthepictures!

x


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Liberty looks stunning! I really love how you have created this outfit to reflect her character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't she just! Thank you, costume is so important in film to express personalities and emotions!

      Delete
  2. Love the tips on where to get Liberty's look- fab wardrobe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dress is gorgeous isn't it!

      Delete